Welcome to our blog series, Sync with Symbians! Our team at Symba is growing and we would love for you to get to know us.
With each post, we’ll highlight a rockstar team member of the Symba team. You’ll learn a lot about the people who make Symba, their journey so far, what their day looks like in their role at Symba, and much more.
Meet EJ Riley, who works as a Sales Development Representative at Symba. EJ has been with Symba for 5 months and works on building future client relationships. Outside of work, EJ loves traveling, spending time with family, and relaxing. Come, let’s learn more about EJ and his journey so far - professional and personal!
- What brought you to Symba and what’s been keeping you here?
Throughout my career, I have cultivated a passion for working within the tech industry. While searching for a new role, it was important to me to not only expand upon my skills but also align myself with a company mission that I really believe in. When I came across Symba, I was excited about the opportunity to work for a women-led company that also values diversity and inclusion. It inspires me that my daily work has a greater impact on students/young adults gaining access to internship opportunities.
- How would you describe Symba’s work culture?
Symba’s work culture is one that is inviting, hard working and collaborative. Since my first day, I have felt that my perspective is both valued and heard.
- What does a day in the life of EJ look like?
I like to start each day by staying organized and prioritizing what tasks I am responsible for. Right now I am researching internship programs that align with Symba’s mission. Of late, I have also been actively involved in executing the company’s new ABM strategy. I like to spend my free time working out, listening to music, and taking care of my plants.
- Proudest moment at Symba?
Since recently starting at Symba, I am always proud of the work I am contributing on a daily basis.
- How’s it like to be a ‘remote worker’ at Symba?
I really love the work life balance that working remotely gives me. Being able to get my work done from the comfort of my own home allows me the opportunity to see my family more often, and travel.
- What’s your personal mantra and why is it important?
It may sound simple, but my personal mantra is to always be positive and have a good attitude. I live my life through the lens that there is always something good out of every challenge I face. These lessons allow me to learn more about myself.
- Any advice for future Symbians?
Being at Symba gives you the opportunity to be a part of something that is bigger than yourself.
Now for more fun stuff!
- Favorite book: Right now “The Power of Positive Thinking”
- Favorite TV show: Right now, Abbott Elementary
- Favorite cuisine: Seafood
- Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere on a beach
- Favorite cause: Greater access to education and opportunities in underrepresented communities